Monday, July 4, 2011

haiti don't let it fade

disclaimer i am having to do this on my phone in the Miami airport and there are some features that i cant use so bare with me

Well we made it Miami! We are so so excited that in a few short hours we will be setting foot in the PAP!!! The plane ride was incredibly beautiful! I journaled for awhile then I couldn't sleep so I pulled out my iPod and listened to the "Hope for Haiti" album iTunes made when the earthquake happened. The songs were so beautiful and perfect and meant so much more now that I had been there. Then Beyonce's retake on her Halo song came on. I began listening to the song in a new light and tears began streaming down my face. It was talking about Haiti having a Halo now and not letting it fade, and that Haiti is our angel now.

God has given a gateway for us to Haiti. I remember growing up in school and learning about Haiti and the DR, the way we learned to distinguish the two was "hate is Haiti". Which meant that this place was full of hatred and mean people and that you could never get in. But that is not the case anymore. Through the poverty and devastation that the people have had to endure it has opened up so many possibilities for the Lord to move in that place. Haiti is slowly on its way above water and we cant allow her halo to stop shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment