Wednesday, January 16, 2013

101 Update

Trying to be more intentional about marking things off my 101 List, so here is a little update on a few happenings.

# 19 Visit a Friend
This was by far the most epic visit. My brother and one of my best friends share the same birthday. So over the last decade it has been a dance making sure to celebrate both in some way. When college came around it made it harder for us to see each other. Before her birthday, we had seen each other maybe twice in two years. So when her mom texted me a week before her birthday asking if I wanted to come down and surprise her I knew I had too! We don't really live that far from each other but grown up life kind of gets in the way sometimes. So on December 1st I took my brother out to breakfast and get his new license for being 21, and then off to Murfreesboro I went! Let me just preface this, that Storm is impossible to surprise. We just don't even try. She always figures it out. But her mom and I were determined to make this work. I got to their house and knocked on the door, and her face was priceless! She had no earthly idea I was coming, and I had just recently returned from Haiti. She cried, and it was wonderful! We had pulled off the greatest surprise! We then went to eat, and later me and her met up with some of her friends and went bowling! It was a great visit, and so much fun to celebrate her and her birthday!


#35 Pick Someone Up From the Airport

Technically the story I am about to tell I was just there at the airport. But a couple weeks later I did indeed pick her up. But as many of you know who have been reading my blogs know that I recently was in Haiti. There was also another girl, Brittany, who was there when I was. She stayed about a month and half longer than I did. I knew how incredibly hard it was for me to leave Haiti, and I was met with a loving embrace from a Haitian child in the states airport, so I knew she would be having a hard day. So I took the long drive to Nashville late one night and stood at the gate and waited for her to get here. She didn't know I would be there, and kept calling me crazy once she saw me, but it was so worth it. The funny part, is she actually walked past me before I could grab her, just like her to be ignoring me :) 



          After 3.5 months this is the only picture we have together in Haiti. #fail                                                Passion 2013

#72 Go to Graceland

I have wanted to go to Graceland since...forever! For those of you that do not know what Graceland is, which I am going to act like everyone does because that would be tragic and I would really reconsider our friendship if you did not know, but a lot of international people read my blog. Graceland is the home of Elvis Presley!! His mansion in Memphis, Tennessee. I love Elvis and was so excited to be there and hear all about him, his music, his movies, and his legacy. It was a great Christmas outing with the family!




Look for more exciting stories as I become more proactive with life! And if you want to help me cross some off my list, let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment