Thursday, February 13, 2014

Much delayed update! 101 in 1001

Well I have been a little behind in updating my list! Knocking a few more off!

#13 Be in a wedding

On December 14th 2013, I was able to stand next to one of my best friends as she married the love of her life! Ashley and I met the summer of 2011 when we both moved into the Fellowship House at Calvary. Though we found out later we had been hanging out with the same group of friends for the past two years prior and never met. We didn't actually become friends til that fall after I returned from Haiti, but it seems like I have known her forever. It was a beautiful day in her hometown of Salisbury, NC!



#17 See a loved ones baby born

Just to clarify, this was on the list intended to mean being at the hospital, not actually seeing the baby born. That should be reserved for the happy parents! Anyways, I was blessed with another perfect nephew #3 bright early the morning of December 23rd. I was getting ready to head to Haiti a few springs earlier when his brother was born, and did not get to meet him til he was a month old. A few hours after Everett Drake was welcomed into the world, I was holding him! It was a joy to be able to be there. 





#37 Watch my brother play in a football game

This one is a little behind. I went to all of Dakota's games and practices that were open to family and/or the public. And now that football is over I get to watch him play rugby for Tennessee! After almost 18 years of sports I don't know what I am gonna do after graduation. 



#38 Plan a friends wedding

Anyone that knows me, knows that I was an event planner while in college. And since graduating, and changing jobs, I have had the honor to help with several friends weddings. Usually as their florist/designer, or ceremony coordinator. I have loved every minute of it. Now I am currently in the process of helping plan a beautiful friends wedding. Going to venues, picking styles, bridal shows, open houses, etc. It is a blast and so thrilled she is letting me be apart of her special day. 

#52 Go to a class reunion

May 2013 was 5 years from graduating high school! I could not believe it! Some days it seems much longer, and some days it feels it was just the other day I was walking the hall of Camden Central High! Unfortunately, upon arriving to Camden for the reunion, it was cancelled the night before due to nobody coming. It was a little sad for me, since I have not had the opportunity to be back in Camden much since graduating and majority of my class are around there. But honestly I was not the least bit surprised they weren't coming. Oh well, here's to hoping 2018 will be different. 

#60 Rock a baby to sleep

From beautiful Haitian babies, new nephews, and baby boom at church, I have rocked many a sweet babies to sleep. I could sit and hold a baby all day!

#63 Change the oil in my car myself

Being able to do more with my car myself, and to know what is wrong with my car is something I want to know more about. Growing up in a family of men who are mechanics because of a hobby, with a mechanics shop at my house, I am not ignorant to most things. A couple years ago, Dad showed me how to do it. usually he just does it for me, but I wanted to learn. It wasn't until this was Christmas that I had the opportunity to do it again myself. Dad, of course, was there in the shop to make sure I didn't hurt myself, but I did it all by myself. To actually change the filter though was another ordeal. The smart people at Wal-Mart forgot the 'hand tight' rule and made it nearly impossible for us to get it off. But we managed, and Sally Mae was good to go! 

#65 Go to Disney World

The most magical place on earth! I had been to Disney World (all four parks) the summer after 8th grade. It was an awesome 2 week Florida trip with the family! I have wanted to go back every since! In August, I was able to go with one of my best friends and her family to Disney and Universal Studios! It was AMAZING! So thankful they let me go with them! We had the best time! Planning to go again soon!









#89 Get a job

The cause of 95% anxiety in graduating seniors. What happens next? Well, I didn't really know. I knew one thing, and that was I was moving to Haiti. Upon returning from Haiti, I didn't know what I would do. I went back to my old event venue job for a few weeks to help out while my cousin was pregnant. I applied for jobs all over the country in a wide variety of careers. Then started applying in Knoxville, and never heard anything from anyone. I worked part time at Calvary in the office so I would have some income, and nannyed for a couple months. And then in May I took a job that a few people had basically been begging me to take for months. I just didn't think I was the person for the job. Completely unqualified and lack of experience. But finally, I just took it. And it was hard. I almost quit. I was calling my contact saying I would stay til they found someone, only after the first two weeks. But for some reason, I have no idea why, I stayed with it. And some days it is so hard and frustrating, and some days I have the most fun. So for now, I will stay Ms. Cheyenne. the Early Childhood Director at that crazy place they call the Vestal Boys & Girls Club. 






Just a couple more months until my 1001 days are up. Let's see how many more I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment