Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hillary

I have been home for a few days now and still not quite adjusted to Tennessee living. It is almost like reverse culture shock. Because this was not a week long mission trip, we had to change our thinking to visitor to "We live here now". And now being back in Tennessee we have to do it all over again. As crazy as this will sound a big adjustment is air conditioner. I have turned into a wuss and get chilled easily! Who knew?! As much as I love and miss Haiti the Lord has a wonderful plan for the time here in Tennessee.

But today Haiti is not as prevalent on my mind.  Today is a very heartbreaking day. As most of you from home know, and those reading my blogs you know that I lost my beloved Gran last July. While grieving over her, I lost one of my very best friends through a freak accident. A year ago today I was checking Facebook and in my news feed I kept seeing pictures and comments that seemed odd. And after viewing her page it hit me. You see she lived in Kentucky and none of her friends new me. I called our roommate who had just been told as well. Our beloved Hillary  had been hit by a train while making a delivery for work. At this crossing there were no crossing bars to keep you from crossing and letting you know about a train. And the train hit her truck and she died instantly.

The summer of 2009 I had the most amazing opportunity to live in Vail, Colorado as a summer missionary with CRU (formerly Campus Crusades for Christ). Here 40 college kids from across the country came and lived together for 2.5 months serving the Lord and living in community. Molly, Grace, Hillary, and I were roommates, and I have never been around greater women then them. They are beautiful and strong women of God, and were all unique but we fit together so well. We became best friends from that summer, and stay in touch often. We spent hours talking, encouraging, playing and praying together. 

 First roomie picture the 2nd night in Vail
 Hillary, Me, Molly, Grace

Hillary was a great encourager. We would spend hours just us hanging in our apartment, talking about life and watching movies. Almost always August Rush. We both have a great love for the military and would talk a lot about our families and her boyfriend Nick who is in the military. She was extremely wise and knew how to use it. She was so loving and hilarious! Her laughter was contagious and so true. Most of all she loved her Almighty and strived to follow him. 

 Hill and I at my birthday party they through
 If any picture could describe us this would be it

This was a very hard time in my life, but the Lord is the ultimate comforter and through Him I can now celebrate this beautiful life. His plan is sovereign, and even if I may never know the plan for Hillary's life and death, she impacted mine more than she probably realized.  

 Love these women
 LumberJack/LumberJill banquet
 We had so much fun dressing up

I miss her so much it hurts. I think about her constantly, and a day never goes by that she is not on my mind. Prayers go up to her family and Nick everyday as they continue to find comfort. I know with out a shadow of doubt that we will see each other again, and run to a everlasting embrace and sing for the Lord hand in hand through eternity.

 One of my favorites. We are on top of Vail Mountain at sunset
Hillary Morgan Hadley
January 17, 1989-August 11, 2010
May your body rest in peace and your soul sing for the Lord

Hill  not only left this world early but left us a day early in Vail to attend a wedding, and before she got in the van to leave we huddled one last time to pray and love on each other and someone captured this amazing moment. The last time we would all be together.


Because she left a day early she missed the final banquet. And we were all surprised they she made a video with our tech guy for us that was a goodbye to us. Who knew how important this would be. 

View it here

1 comment:

  1. cheyenne i am so thankful for your beautiful heart. love you so much!

    ReplyDelete